domingo, 22 de marzo de 2009

“Thou shalt not revive her”.


All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

Chorus:
And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very mad world mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
And I feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

"Mad world"
tears for fears / gary jules.

*

When I was child I did read, many years after its official publication -in a black’n’white Mexican/colombian edition-, the death of Gwen Stacy, spiderman’s blondie girlfriend. It gave me bad mood and sadness. But it was extremely good in narrative terms. Of all Marvel Comics’character, and comics in general, I’d wish Gwen Stacy were resurrected. But no. It’s almost a Marvel’s commandment “Thou shalt not revive Gwen Stacy”. As far as these days comic's characters die and revive later, her permanent death is a lesson.

I have my personal list of my own must-not-to-be-resurrected dead characters, mostly women (of course, sadly it’s a –mad- man’s world) :

* 1945: Tui (God went woman), assassinated in the last day of Auschwitz.
* 2006 : Christian Hood, then President of USA. He was crucified and then murdered: the first motivation for World War III.
* 2006 : Paula Santander, then President of Colombia. She was assassinated by USA Air Forces : the Beginning of World War III.
* 2006 : Cristina de Jesús : died in World War III, believing seeing the world transformed into an Biblical Eden of immortal flying humans.
* 2006 : Christine, a 9 year old agnostic vegan girl, murdered after being tortured in the end of World War III.
* 2006: World War III killed Lady Ozone.

* .....And yesterday, march 21 2009, Adelie Montsegur, the former Penguin Pengun, assassinated by sea-animals-killers mariners.

So, real death happens in dreamy worlds too.

- Taken from : No para Innita : flickr.

2 comentarios:

  1. I too mourn the death of Gwen Stacy to this day. They brought out that robot-Gwen Stacy later, which left a bad taste in my mouth; but she wandered off into oblivion.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. By the way "Choff" and "Vermont Ferret" are the same people.

    ResponderEliminar